Wick trimming is a crucial component to caring for your candle. We highly recommend that you always trim your wick to ¼” before each burn. Wick trimming offers many benefits including:
- Helps provide a cleaner burn
- Prevents the wick from curling in on itself
- Creates less soot on the jar
- Increases the longevity of your candle
- Trim wick before lighting.
- Keep candle free of drafts and any foreign materials including matches and wick trimmings.
- Only burn the candle on a level, heat resistant surface.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time and stop use when there is only 1/4" of wax remaining.
- Let the melt pool reach the edges of the jar during the first candle use. This will prevent any tunneling and performance defects for future burns.